I feel blindsided. I am not ready for Squirms to have her first tooth - my happy baby who sleeps - so not ready. I may have to change her code name to The Slobber Monster or The Faucet during this time frame. She has been a relatively easy going baby so far - if you don't count the colic - and I'm terrified this will change. Poor darling is breaking a moler first! I don't think that is supposed to happen, but she didn't ask me.
And Happy 4th of July. We went to Wal Mart. And later grilled burgers and made ice cream. I'm not as good at making ice cream as my mother, aunts, or KHA. Thanks Auntie H for Squirm's festive outfit (and we're getting lots of use from the teething bibs).
 |
| My husband is handsome. |
Squirms is also scooting and rolling herself around. She LOVES to be on her play mat(s) - the colors, sounds, things to put in her mouth, and the mirrors. We actually were given two play mats by two of my lovely aunts, and although I worried initially about having too much stuff, having two allows one to be in the wash while she spits up on the other one.
We have also started back reading
John Adams by David McCullough. I just feel like a better person reading books by McCullough. I finished all 14 of the Temperance Brennan books, and while I was obsessed with finishing them, I feel more intelligent just from reading two pages of
John Adams to Squirms this morning.
Also, music by The Civil Wars seems to put her to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment