Wednesday, July 25, 2012

From the daily life of a trophy wife

R doesn't ask for many things. One of these things is for me not to leave my shoes (multiple pairs) all over the floor, especially right outside the shower door or between the bed and dresser where he is highly likely to trip over them when he's not wearing his glasses in the morning. Let's just say that request is a work in progress on my part....sort of....if you consider me taking time once a month to put all of my shoes in the proper place. I like to think I'm helping him strengthen his ankles, or his fall reflexes.

Lately there has been a new request: Please don't leave things on top of the toaster oven. This began after I thought it would be a good idea to store our fruit bowl there. And then my clutch purse that held my chap-stick, I mean lip stick since I'm a trophy wife, and my phone. Yesterday it was a square of dark chocolate. R found it melted on the top of the toaster oven when he got home from work.

This afternoon, while putting away my shoes, R received the following text from me: 

There is a chance that I've lost a chocolate square in our closet.


Post Script: I'd just like to point out that this one isn't melted. And I still can't find it. I may have eaten it and forgot. I can't remember eating it.

2 comments:

  1. There are so many great things about this post. I feel certain that piece of dark chocolate fell into a shoe in your closet. If said shoe had been by the shower door you wouldn't have lost your chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent point ALM, excellent point.

    ReplyDelete