Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Garden State

I'm pretty sure New Jersey is the Garden State....I figured since I'm here (in south New Jersey) I'd list some fun facts I've learned. (I'm sorry for the format of this post - I'm using the iPad and can't seem to change the font :) )

4. They have some of the strictest (or most restrictive) gun laws in the nation.

3. The very friendly (& honest) NewJersians I have met say they were taught never to flash their headlights at another car, say, if a passing car didn't have their lights on....I'll skip the explanation of why in an effort to keep gang violence out my blog postings....

2. No left turns. I know it sounds crazy (to me at least), but legal left turns are VERY rare. Most "left" turns involve turning right and curving around to join the road you wanted to turn left onto - this is called a jug turn, or jug handle turn.

1. EVERY gas station is a service station = you do not pump your own gas. Some native adult NewJersians I have met have only pumped gas about five times in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment