Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ten Things

1. Clocks. If Squirms had a list of her favorite things, clocks would be at the top. We watch the Curious George episode with a cuckoo clock and tower clock several times a week; she has an impressive ability to find a clock in the background of any book illustration; and she likes to play with, and set my alarm to random times, the clock on my nightstand. She prefers analog clocks, I actually haven't been able to convince her yet that a digital clock is a clock.
This morning I looked for stores near us that sell and repair clocks. Remembering her reaction to her great grandparents Grandfather Clock, and Samford Tower Clock, I'm going to attempt to take her for a visit so she can look at lots of different clocks.

2. Rockets. This would be the other item on Squirm's list of favorite things. She is her father's daughter.

3. Have I mentioned that on the way back from Alabama several weeks ago, we taught her to recognize transmission lines?

4. The Great is beginning to eat food! He's still not completely comfortable with the idea of swallowing food, but we have made it to three items he will eat.

5. He is also getting his first tooth! And is so tall that we've had to lower his crib to the lowest setting. He loves to pull himself up on his crib, the couch, the side of the bath tub, really anything that he can use to stand, including his big sister.

6. I ordered the fourth Inspector Morse book. And I've warned R that it will arrive this weekend. And that I will be unavailable to reality.

7. Last night during dinner, R asked me "do you want to take the canoe out this weekend, maybe Friday?" and I heard "would you like to hold our two children, both angry because they need to wear life vests and be still, while I paddle us around the river in the hot sun? and, will you be able to refrain from having a mental break down thinking about gar fish, alligators, pythons, and sharks when our two year old somehow falls into the water, or capsizes the canoe?"
I have learned that with age, I have become more and more less-adventurous. And that R, who is still really cool, is usually right about us having fun and being able to do things - like taking a canoe trip.
I said "Yes, that sounds fun".

8. Two of our favorite people took their boat to the Keys this week; and are stopping to see us this weekend as they travel back. I'm trying to come up with a plan that might strand them here for a couple of days.

9. We are getting more and more excited about C and TPIII's (or RPIII....I need to come up with a permanent name for him!) upcoming wedding! I love getting to hear details about flowers, bridesmaids' gowns, and house hunting! I seem unable to type, or text, about C's wedding without using exclamation points!!

10. Squirms just reminded me why I don't write blog posts while the kids are awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment