Friday, July 17, 2015

Close Ups!

Yesterday for lunch I made myself a double portion of apples, cheese, prunes, and almonds. I sat down at the table and ate an apple slice. Then my children came over and had apples, prunes, and almonds for lunch.
I felt pretty good about this parenting Win. I got to eat all the white oak aged cheddar, some apple slices, and only one plate was dirty. I had spent most of the morning deep cleaning the kitchen so I was feeling so proud of making a lunch that didn't require more sweeping or dish washing.

Angel Face. 
My strong girl.

A couple of minutes later I found them going through my make-up drawer and when the Great saw me, he ran into our closet and wrapped himself in my newly purchased Patagonia fleece. He was holding my mascara wand. Fail.

Forgive the blurry-ness. It's the expression that says it all: Handsome Trouble.

The Great has become quite interested in the potty, solely because he associates it with candy. Yesterday he decided to try it out. For candy. He also is excellent at learning new words when it relates to candy. As of this morning he can now say, and ask for, mints; after his sister climbed to reach our dresser top and acquired a roll of breath mints that she nicely shared with her brother. I'm not sure if this is a Win or Fail?
He also classifies prunes as candy.

A smile and a train!

Squirms has developed a taste for very dark chocolate. I'm also not sure if this is a Win for potty usage, or Fail because my secret 80% cocoa dark chocolate bar is almost gone.


I have forgotten the name of this one already.

Thankfully the internet suggested baking powder substitutes so this cornbread was able to rise.
Yesterday I kept the kitchen clean all day. And the angels even helped me unload the dish washer. Win.
I'm also happy to report that our two house plants, and the four outside plants we have on the steps and by the mailbox are still alive. Something about our move has inspired me to try and grow flowers.

Oh beauty.

R played this video for Squirms this morning, because she wanted to watch "the pluto cartoon": http://www.nytimes.com/video/science/100000003783764/fast-and-light-to-pluto.html
Our curious, stubborn, dramatic, empathetic little girl cried when they said Pluto is not a planet. 
Did I already mention dramatic?
Our household (R and Squirms) has been very excited about the Pluto news. 

If I can figure out how to discipline him so that's he doesn't grow up to be a spoiled rotten adult who always gets his way by smiling and melting hearts, I will write a book.


He can build his own track now!

I'm thankful they let me take some close ups of their beautiful, interesting faces this morning. Hope you enjoy them too.





No comments:

Post a Comment