Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Blog Post

I'm avoiding the three large suitcases in our foyer....so I thought I would use my computer. R, the Great, and myself are watching the Rose Bowl and having a coughing competition. R and I have colds; the Great has pneumonia. Thankfully we took him to see a doctor yesterday, still on our 2013 insurance plan. Interesting....I usually stay away from social/political comments. He is being very brave and doesn't seem too bothered by it, and R said he did great during his first ER visit - the nurses loved him. Of course, he was wearing a bib that said "This is what Handsome looks like"....because he can wear a bib that says that. I also like to use the bib that says "Handsome like Daddy" just because I find it hilarious....you know....since they don't look alike. I like to call this a new category of humor in my life, Adoption Humor. 

This isn't a new year, or year-in-review post. Or, even a week-in-review post. My goal was just to write a post. So, to recap, we're all sick and back home in Central Florida. Also. R gave me a ticket to the ball game next Monday night so Saturday L and I are flying to California. Yeah. Sorry every other woman on the planet, this man is already taken. 

The Rose Bowl is turning out to be a lovely game to watch. Here are some pictures of the Squirms having the Very Best Time playing outside and walking in the woods during her Christmas Holiday.

I love "Outside".....what does 25 degrees mean?

Come on, there's a cat to chase over there!

I'm the exploration leader.

First Official "Hike"

Of course I have my own walking stick....doesn't everyone?
Putting on shoes and a coat before going outside was a difficult concept for our Florida baby to understand, but the extra clothing didn't hinder her enthusiasm one bit. She helped her Grandpa put up Christmas lights, tenderly petted a dead mole, threw golf balls for the dogs to chase, rode in a little red wagon, stooped in an ant bed to take a bathroom break, and.....The End. 
Poor Shelby Ann needs attention.  


1 comment:

  1. So sorry you've been sick! I feel your pain bc we have too!! And Knox has pneumonia as well...a first in my mothering experience, and not a good first. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete