Wednesday, September 12, 2012

More Cousins

New trophy wife rule: It is acceptable to wear mesh football practice shorts from high school and your husband's XL college t-shirt while carrying a Kate Spade bag.

Back to Squirm's tour. The Sunday before last we visited the church that I grew up in and were very happy to see lots of people we don't usually get to see when we travel (because Sunday is usually a drive day). I really enjoyed getting to chat with one of my favorite childhood giggle partners and introducing sweet Squirms to old friends and second, third, and fourth cousins. When they started turning out lights and locking the doors at the church, we made our way to my uncle and aunt's house for a birthday celebration for LGC.

I met LGC in the 5th grade and am blessed to have called her a dear friend since the 9th grade. I convinced her to marry one of my cousins so she would have to hang out with me at least once a year during the holidays. She turned 30 while we were in town and I got to accompany her to a spa!!

Sadly, we were so excited about all the tiny critters running around - I'm using the word critters because 1) I love that word, 2) We were in Alabama, 3) It's one of my newest nicknames for Squirms - that we didn't take a picture of LGC so all I have to offer are fun photos of Granny and her great-grandchildren.

WAC, the eldest and sweetest, was pretty much the only one smiling during the twenty-seven photos we took. His little sister, OKC, refused to take pictures without her barbie dolls (I like that girl), and SPC and Squirms kept bothering each other, which was amusing to Granny.

As you can guess, out of the twenty-seven pictures, not one picture showed all five of them looking at the same camera (or even a camera) at the same time.
Let's hold hands

What is going on over there?

Those babies are Crazy!
This one is my favorite. 
My ear!

No comments:

Post a Comment