Thursday, December 11, 2014

Ten Things



1. We LOVE Christmas time.

2. One of R's patent applications (through his work) was Issued today! He's cool. And the U.S. Government thinks so too.

3. Tonight R was trying to get Squirms to stay in bed. This is what happened:
R: "Do you remember what I said? Do you want to get in trouble?"
Squirms: "No."
R: "What do you need to do if you don't want to get in trouble?"
Squirms: Smiles, leans over and kisses R's cheek. "Give you a kiss."
Parents - 0, Squirms - 1.

4. I wore Christmas socks today, with a penguin and a box present on them. My mom has put socks of this nature in our stockings for the past several years and today, the weather dipping into the 50's, I wore a pair. I felt so fun.

5. R sang in the church Christmas program last weekend. The program was excellent, a great way to start December - singing, playing, dancing to celebrate the first coming of Jesus.

6. The Great's activities this week include: climbing onto the kitchen table, taking one bite of an apple, then throwing said apple, then repeating with another apple until the fruit bowl is empty; climbing onto the couch, pulling down the back cushions, pushing the cushions into the floor, sitting very satisfyingly for three seconds against the back of the couch to enjoy his victory, then trying to get the Christmas tree lights; playing in the mud and trying to eat acorns.

7. I may have to give away some of my shoes. Today, Squirms saw the brown shoes I had taken off and left in the hall and said "Daddy's Home! Daddy's shoes!". And then she didn't believe me when I said they were Mommy's shoes. Maybe she thinks I only wears flip flops or heels?

8. Squirm's preschool update, in her words, "I play with cars. Red, orange, white cars." Last week she played with cows. She definitely puts more importance onto the toys they play with than story time, music time, or art time. The artwork that they send home melts my heart. Her preschool has quickly become my favorite thing about Central Florida.

9. We got to witness two of our friends get married last Saturday. It was a moving ceremony (and my first time attending a Catholic wedding ceremony) and an intimate reception. R and I had so much fun getting to see our genius friend marry his beautiful, adventurous bride - and we got half the credit for setting them up on their first date! Two of the most intelligent people we know, and two of the most considerate and selfless people.

10. We hung a wreath on the door of our laundry room, which of course is also the way to the garage, and every time I go through I get to smell the pine branches. What could be better?
Happy Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment