Monday, October 6, 2014

Ten Things

1. R took Squirms to her first air show. Our weekend had been rather blah because poor the Great was not well and R had been excited about taking our family to the air show. Sunday morning, with the Great still under quarantine, our neighbor gave us two tickets. R, very happily and excitedly, took his eldest to see the Thunderbirds fly on Sunday afternoon. This is what I learned afterwards:
"Jets are loud."
"Jets are fast."
"Thunderbird is so pretty."
"It's perfect." (while admiring her miniature F-16)
"Vertibal Lizer." (vertical stabilizer)

2. H asked me yesterday if I was still going to make Squirms be an astronaut. I replied, in all seriousness, Well. No. I mean, we don't really have a way for astronauts to go to space anymore. I was considering voicing my views on Russian launch pads when H interrupted me. She had meant for Halloween. Right. I had been looking at ordering an astronaut flight suit for Halloween.

3. It's difficult finding Halloween costumes for children to wear in 80 degree weather. Fleece, full-body, and warm head coverings are not things I can ask my children to wear more than 90 seconds.

4. I bought shoes for my bridesmaid dress for C's upcoming wedding!

5. The Great will be One Year old on Friday.

6. My cousin AMC's birthday is today!

7. I'm reading C.S. Lewis's The Four Loves: And Exploration of the Nature of Love. I like reading Lewis, even though he is too intelligent for me - I think that's why I like his work. I am constantly impressed by his questions, insight, analogies, and conclusions....but constantly unable to then talk about what I've read in a coherent manner. R thinks this is hilarious. And listens (and laughs silently) while I stumble through stories and half quotes trying to explain why what I've just read is so amazing.

8. My violin teacher taught me how to restring my violin. Cool.

9. I might have bought Shelby Ann a dinosaur hat-costume for the Great's birthday party.

10. Have I complained yet about missing Fall? Usually I devote an entire post to this issue. I'll try to find something - like bath-temperature pool water or hmmmmm, I literally can't think of anything - to be positive about central Florida during these months. I'm trying to work on my attitude towards living here.

No comments:

Post a Comment