Monday, July 1, 2013

For H and L

Please note: Documentation of this conversation is mainly to make my sisters laugh. Sadly, it also showcases how difficult it can be to live with me. 


R: I really think you should go to the doctor tomorrow. In the morning,  you can call and make an appointment. I'll come home and stay with Squirms.

Me: I don't think that's necessary. I'm to the coughing stage of the cold. It will probably be over soon.

R: You've been sick for two weeks. I think you need antibiotics.

Me: Not two weeks, nine days. We can see in the morning. 

Several hours later after I get off the phone with my mother....

R: What did your mom say? Does she think you should go to the doctor?

K: She didn't say that.

R: I bet your mom does want you to see a doctor. I bet your mom would Go to a doctor.

K: <laughing. hysterically.>

K: <laughing. coughing. laughing.> R, you're talking about my mother. You're talking about the woman who fell down stairs, broke her foot, and then sat on the couch and watched a football game. That was a Saturday. She went to work on Monday and a doctor only looked at her foot then because she works at a hospital and fit in an x-ray during her normal work day! And that was an actual broken bone where her ankle and foot meet, that required a boot for several months.


The rest of the evening I just kept repeating I bet your mom would go to a doctor to myself and laughing. 

"Take a tylenol and lay on the couch."


No comments:

Post a Comment