Monday, May 6, 2013

Good News

This box held a lovely birthday present from my in-laws. I'm not good at using ribbon, but I love when it's used well.


This showed up in our backyard after my in-laws kept the Squirms....the periscope is her favorite part, but I'm thinking eventually the slide will win.


The Squirms LOVES berries. Blackberries, strawberries, blueberries. LOVE.


And she likes to eat them herself, as you can probably see.


Our homestudy update visit was completed last week! This means we are almost ready to be shown to birth parents. The approval of our profile book (draft 2 is being reviewed by the agency) is our last step to be considered in the phase: WAITING.
Don't be alarmed by the name of this phase though - WAITING really means that R, myself, and our social worker have done the paperwork and are ready for what God's purpose is.
Because trying to follow God's purpose (R really likes Psalm 19:21) is scary and exciting, I thought I would share these two verses that the Squirms and I read yesterday (we read a verse in the morning together, and then she tries to eat the bookmark):

Children are a gift from the Lord; babies are a reward. Psalm 127:3

When I am afraid, I will trust You. Psalm 56:3

No comments:

Post a Comment