Things I've said over the past six days:
Well, Squirms is asleep, but she's out from under the bucket.
Oh good, I've finished that rabbit!
Yes, Squirms will be 15 months old next week!
Things I meant to say over the past six days:
Well, Squirms is asleep, but she's out from under the blanket.
Oh good, I've finished that bird! (While putting together a 1000 piece puzzle)
No, Squirms will be 13 months old next week. She just turned one. (In response to our neighbor down the street asking if she was 15 months old)
Last Wednesday I stopped caffeine intake.
Never do this.
I learned that when a body is used to daily dosages (a bit high in my case) of caffeine, there can be moderate to severe withdrawal symptoms. I expected head aches; but not the body aches, joint pain, cognitive issues, sinus problems, and general apathy about daily activities. It felt like I had the flu and was trying to awake from anesthesia. All while being angry or just not caring. Poor R took care of me and a teething Squirms all weekend.
Did I also mention that my new, temporary diet includes no CHOCOLATE, alcohol, carbonated beverages, nor eating two hours before bedtime? I'm hoping R will still want to live with me in six weeks.
| Beautiful day yesterday. |
In much better news, we had a beautiful day yesterday and Squirms got to play in the front yard. Also, we should be assigned our social worker for our current adoption this week. I have mixed feelings about this: excitement, looking forward to meeting this person and moving forward with this adoption; and sadness, because I loved our social worker from Squirm's adoption so much.
| Mom. Please drink some coffee. I'm worried about you. |
I've also been going through magazines (thank you Granny) in order to turn our magazine basket into a toy basket for the living room. And I've decided that I really like Harper's Bazaar. Sometimes they do articles in which the writing is centered on the page and it looks nice. Unfortunately, this task is taking me a while. Magazines are difficult to read quickly. And there are so many pictures to look at.
![]() |
| The ongoing quest to eat mom's phone. |
The Squirms is as awesome as usual. Except for this teething thing. I really don't appreciate (and neither does Squirms, she tells me, very loudly, all the time) these pre-molars.
Also. She can whistle! She heard my mom doing it on FaceTime and since then has been crawling around the house whistling. So funny!
| What? I'm just enjoying my |
As I mentioned before, R had a tough weekend with the two of us. I can whine better than Squirms. He's also been diligently studying for the Professional Engineering (PE) exam. He's very cute when he studies. And then I nod like, oh yes, I remember that, when he tells me he is reviewing l'Hôpital's rule, circuit theory, or controls engineering and differential equations.
Today, we are enjoying gentle rain. Tanner, Shelby Ann, and Squirms are all taking a nap. I think that's what I should be doing too.
In case of curiosity:

No comments:
Post a Comment