Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ten Things

1. Laundry hamper/sorter. This has changed my life. It has four compartments, a slim depth, and the bags are removable! Yesterday I picked up the bag with the color clothes, took it to the washing machine, and placed the empty bag back in our bathroom. I didn't have to pick up any socks or undergarments that fell out of the ginormous pile I usually try to carry in my arms (laundry is like grocery bags to me - one trip operations).
http://www.target.com/p/target-home-4-compartment-sorter-with-removable-brown-bags-33-45-x15-x37-35/-/A-13743072

2. We have been practicing sitting....aka, falling over or face planting.


3. Iced coffee. I've been pouring the remains of the morning coffee over ice and adding a dash of milk for an afternoon snack.

4. Blueberry crunch. I don't need to explain this one - delicious and it reminds of me of Grandpa's blueberry bushes.

5. My daughter sounds like Darth Vadar this week.

6. Doolin, Ireland has come up twice this week already. This was our favorite stop in Ireland (2010).
Doolin

Bed and Breakfast
Our hiking (and traveling) buddies

7. VBM, a church and jogging buddy, let me know that Essie makes a nail polish color titled Trophy Wife. Yes, I am wearing it now.
http://www.essie.com/shop/trophy-wife-p-380.html

8. JCrew (outlet) boyfriend/tissue t-shirts. I feel like this is my uniform now. They are comfy but also v-necked so I feel like I'm wearing a t-shirt without looking like I'm wearing a t-shirt.

9. H is going to teach Squirms about football Labor Day weekend.

10. Confession: the only piece of clothing I have purchased for my child is a beautiful gingham smocked Auburn dress.
She is six months old. I have bought one piece of clothing.
(Please note, this is mainly because people have been so generous in giving clothing to Squirms that I have not needed to buy anything)

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, she is PRECIOUS!! and i love your ten things lists!

    my "uniform" lately is gym clothes. don't think that makes me a trophy wife! :)

    ReplyDelete