I would try to push myself deep, dig my toes into the bottom, and bring up thick, smelly mud. We would jump from the top of the pontoon boat and splash into the dark water below. Learning to ski when I could barely ride a bike and competing with my cousin to see who would be the first to venture over the wake successfully. Trying to find a seat with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and siblings all gathered on the screened in porch. The anticipation of waiting for the ice cream maker to finish.
Sunday, May the 27th, R and I celebrated six years of marriage. We spent the morning in Bear Creek, Alabama, and then the afternoon at Smith Lake. It was one of the most romantic anniversaries we've shared.
We went to a marriage conference at our church at the end of March. I learned to never wear a flannel night gown. I also really appreciated the way the speaker described romance: Romance is a game. She hides it. The man has to find it. Sometimes, she doesn't even know where she's hidden it.
-We went hiking together before he asked me on a date.
-R took me to the Miracle Strip (theme park that used to be in Panama City that I visited as a kid) before it closed.
-He helped me get through Java lab II.
-He included hot cocoa in his proposal plans.
-R brought me bacon from a local meat market as a surprise gift.
-He surprised me with a weekend getaway to get me away from a stressful job.
-He gives me a piece of the bacon from any meal he orders that includes bacon as an ingredient.
-R often does the dishes. Very often.
-He surprises me with books as gifts.
-He spent our sixth wedding anniversary (and the entire long weekend) with my extended family. And was happy about it.
I am going to end this post before the discussion of why bacon was on the list twice comes up....
No comments:
Post a Comment