Sunday, March 11, 2012

a Box

Almost to the Summit of Mount Snowdon

Two years ago, on my birthday, R and I climbed Mount Snowdon with two dear friends (and I should point out that our two dear friends were in much better shape and by the time R and I had made it this far, they were on their way back down to go pick up our car before it was wheel locked).

I don't remember by body every hurting so much as it did that day.  Or, being so proud of myself for actually surviving.  And, being proud of us as a couple for doing it together. 
It was painful.  But so beautiful.   


This week I placed pedge's things in a box.  I didn't have a lot of time, and chose not to try and dwell on what I was doing.  His ultrasounds, photos of his birth father, the banner with his name, and sweet condolence cards from friends and family.

And then I picked our daughter up because it was time to feed her.


Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."


    

No comments:

Post a Comment