Thank you to the Rick and Bubba show, a show that is dear to my beloved’s heart.
For eight years (I’m counting dating and marriage here), my darling and intelligent husband has been bothered by my use of the word agg (or agging). Let me use it in a sentence for those of you not familiar with this word: You’re just agging me on; I’m going to agg you on about this. R firmly believes this word does not exist and that the actual word is egg, but his insistence has only steeled my resolve to use the word agg (being stubborn and being from Corner can be a dangerous combination).
This morning Speedy used the word agging on the Rick and Bubba show. R listens (streaming) to this show each morning; although now it is uncertain whether he can continue (I’m not the only stubborn one).
You shouldn't use Rick and Bubba as a reference to correct English grammar or pronunciation. :)
ReplyDeleteThe word is "egg!"
ReplyDeletehttp://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/egg-on.html